I love this recipe! It is so easy to make and super delicious. And 2/3 of the kids will eat it! Ok not ideal, but if I only shared recipes they would all eat, you wouldn’t have much to read. You can easily scale this up or down depending on how many people are eating and the leftovers are awesome! Experiment with how strong you (or the kids) like it. I am always adding different veggies depending on what is in the fridge, so don’t focus too much on the specific veggies I use, just add some and enjoy!
- 1 small onion
- 1 large clove of garlic
- 1 head of broccoli
- 3 medium carrots
- 1 medium zucchini
- ¼ head of cauliflower
- Ginger – depends on how strong you want this to be. I use about an inch long piece. This gives a mild-medium ginger flavour. Good if feeding kids.
- 2 Tbsp of coconut oil
- 400-500g chicken thighs cut into pieces
- 2-3 Tbps of soy sauce – You may want more or less for your taste. Experiment here.
- 2 Tbsp honey – a big squirt of honey
- 200g Rice vermicelli noodles
Cut up all the veggies into bite sized pieces. Cut up the garlic and ginger until it is super tiny.
Stir-fry all the veggies, garlic and ginger in the pan with some coconut oil. Once these are about half cooked add the chicken. Once the chicken is cooked, add the soy sauce and honey.
Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the rice noodles as per the instructions. I just pop mine into boiling water for 2 minutes and then strain.
Mix the rice noodles in with the veggie chicken mix. Only put a small amount in at a time to make it easier to mix around.
All done! Enjoy!